Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to get lead in line connected to pit?

Hi so I have read and re read heaps of these issues luckily at the end of those stories a technician was dispatched (finally) to save the day.

I have previously had a phone line. For some reason it was disconnected - this is my rental property which has been vacant. I managed to confirm the lead in with a private contractor. He has mad a new connection point in the house BUT he cannot connect in the pit due to an issue there. He has flagged the line for the Telstra guy/girl and I am once more trying to get something done.

I am on the mouse wheel of ring - sent to message chat - told to ring - sent to message chat......No one understands this problem

Previous forum lists have outdated process or numbers and see above comment for 3 weeks of frustrating frustration. Any advice please - the area is listed for NBN not sure what the issue with the pit was but it is an ancient Pit the house is circa 1995.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: How to get lead in line connected to pit?

Oh also I have visited the book you move site - yes I was going to pay premium BUT the book your move option never appears which leads me to message chat and the stated mouse wheel....

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Normally it will only be connected if an order for a service(phone/internet) is placed (a private contractor can't touch the pit). In this case it would be reconnected when someone signs up for a service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks J the real estate is asking me to have the service on. Any idea of a form which might get the ball rolling

Highlighted

The only way is to get a apply to get a service connected (ie get the internet or phone connected on a plan). That would normally be the responsibility of the tenant.

The landlord only needs to ensure that the property is serviced by the appropriate infrastructure (in those states where it is a requirement).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit