tigerblue
Level 1: Cadet

I cannot hear people calling on land line but they can hear me. I have discussed with Telstra 2 days

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I cannot hear people calling on land line but they can hear me. I have discussed with Telstra 2

If you are on an NBN service, then factory resetting the modem may fix the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
quirky

Re: I cannot hear people calling on land line but they can hear me. I have discussed with Telstra 2

Can you tell me how to do this? I am acting for a 97 year old friend who's phone is as described. She can hear me when I call but I cannot hear her.

Thanks.

Jupiter

There is usually a small pinhole type button near the power button that needs to be held in for 10 seconds. The unit will then reboot to factory settings.

It is best to do this with somebody else there who has a mobile phone so they can call 132203 if it still isn't working after the reset (it can take up to 15 minutes for the modem to reregister on the network after the reset - any longer than that and you need to call support).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
quirky

Many thanks. I will try that.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit