Francis13
Level 1: Cadet

I have competed setup but my Message Bank does not record my missed calls. How to rectify this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: I have competed setup but my Message Bank does not record my missed calls. How to rectify this?

Just wondering what it is you have set up that you now need help with? Some details would help....

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Francis13

Re: I have competed setup but my Message Bank does not record my missed calls. How to rectify this?

I have been a long time user of MessageBank but after I installed a new modem from Telstra my MessageBank account would not record missed messages although my greeting and Pin were still recorded in MessageBank. I went through the process of dialing 101 again and followed the setup procedure but MessageBank continued to fail to record missed messages. I phoned Telstra but was told that there was no technical problem and to restart my modem. I did this but still no recording of missed messages in by MessageBank.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Are you sure that the callers did not hang up before the calls reached messagebank?

Have you rung your own phone to ensure that the calls are being diverted to messagebank?

Are you meaning calls that rang out that you did not answer or calls that went directly to messagebank that your phone did not receive?

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52

There have been some changes to Telstra Messagebank so that homephones and  mobiles now use the same system. It is a bit confusing I know.

The first step is to check if the calls are actually being received received by your number.. The process requires you to log into your modem and check the call log.. to be able to assist you with this I would need to know the make and model of the Telstra modem (label on the bottom). 

Then to check the voice mail settings

1. Open your Telstra 'My Account" webpage on a browser at  https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home using your Telstra ID (username or email account  and password)

- In the Services box..  find and click on your homephone number

- In 'Your Plan' click on "Manage"

- In the list that comes up click on "Manage" in either of the 'Call Setting items

- Click on 'Call Forwarding'

- A page showing your  Call forwarding settings shows..

- Important things to check:

1. Is Call Forwarding on?

2. 'Forward unanswered call after XX seconds' probably at 15 seconds but you can change that to anywhere between 15 and 55 seconds in 5 second increments (i.e. 15, 20, 25, 30 etc.) and click the Save Button..

3. Check if there any 'Rules' set - Name and number should show. This can be very confusing because the names allocated might be unusual - CFU, CFB, CFUNR etc. It is probably easier to delete then and create a new rule.

4. Click on 'Create New Rule'

- Name the rule "NoAnswer' (no spaces allowed)

- Select MessageBank OR another number (format is +61 then the area code and number i.e. +61312345678)

- Select the type of call - one of: All Calls (Divert all), No Answer or Busy (No Answer in this case)

- Select Caller type - one of: All Numbers, Blocked Numbers, Selected Numbers (All Numbers in this case)

5. Click on 'Save'

You should return to the Call Forwarding page and the new rule should be in the list and you can enable it. Make sure you get a success message. If you don't then Telstra will need to reset your account.

To use Message Bank make sure 'Forwarding to MessageBank' is enabled, then you can log out (small text at the top, next to My Account).

Sounds long winded I know (and took a while to type!) but it isn't too hard..

Make sure you test the call forward to MessageBank is working by calling your home number from your mobile.

The above can probably be done from the My Telstra app as well but I haven't tried it myself because I prefer the bigger display to see all the words.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Francis13

The reply from SteveW was very helpful but the problem was my MessageBank was not activated and Telstra needed to activate it manually. It is a mystery why it became inactivated.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Francis13. Thanks for the update. 

Did you get it sorted out in the end and back up and running?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit