Level 2: Rookie

I have not been able to contact a real person at Telstra.

The computer just hangs up after telling me to use the internet or app. These wont allow me to send the messages through and I can not find an email. I have a billing enquiry and have been hung up on by the computer service 17 times over two days. I CAN NOT GET THROUGH TO A REAL PERSON!!! I need to actually talk to someone. I have even put a complaint form in requesting a call but noone rings to deal with this. It is highly frustrating and I am ready to jump to another provider. PLEASE call my number.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I have not been able to contact a real person at Telstra.

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile. Go to the Get Help screen and tap on the blue chat icon in the bottom right. If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

unfortunately, I do not have the blue chat button anywhere on the screen.

Your screen should look like this.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

I share your frustrations mate! The my system dropped out in the middle of work, in a panic I tried to contact Telstra ... hit their computer answering service that promptly told me we haven't paid our bills ... believing it I paid again, thinking my wife forgot, I know stupid me!  They need to sack their computer (programmers) and hire real people who understand mortals like us. I am praying for a new service provider run by human intelligence rather than AI.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

at this point in time using the app is the best way to get any issue sorted as the team there are equally trained in resolving issues as one can on the phone. What troubles were you having with your bill?
Thanks,

-Claire

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My system went down no landline and no internet.  I had a video conference in 30 minutes so I called Telstra on my mobile, very tedious long multiple choice questions and press buttons session and was finally told that the bill was not paid (not by a human but machine).  Still no information on how I can talk to a real person.  I paid the bill again (hopefully it will come off the next bill) because I needed the system fixed in time for my meeting.  However, the line and internet were still not working. The internet seacrh on my emergency Optus mobile told me to download myApp. MyApp referred me to the community page, which had many people asking the same question and the only answer looked like a machine response saying to press the "get help" app ... hence my reply and your email has closed the loop.  Honestly Telstra myApp uses a very low IQ AI, it is so bad that it sent me 4 emails awarding me a bronze, then a silver, a gold and a feet in awards for expressing my frustration!!! Woopie problem still not solved. Low and behold 3 hours later and a missed meeting, system is working.  Can someone please tell me how to talk to Telstra HI (human intelligence) at Telstra as your AI sucks!

Sorry if you too are a machine but then this would be just a meaningless bunch of words to you anyway. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hearing you loud and clear on this one, especially with the importance of work being on the line. So what you can do if your service has been restricted due to an unpaid bill is to report it in the following link https://tel.st/fvc8d as this is the quickest way to have your service unbarred. 

When using the app were you able to have a chat with an agent or are you still waiting for a reply?
Cheers,

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra have contacted me and fixed my issue.  They have apologised for the delays both with response time and the system issues and answered my question.  Hopefully with restrictions being lifted around COVID and people needing the support of people, they will have more real people to talk to us!

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Danny72, thank you for taking the time to let us know all has been fixed and for your feedback. We shall do our very best.

Hello Ckeetly,

Thank you for your response, you may have been "hearing me loud and clear" but you misunderstood what I said.  The land-line and internet were down, that is not working, so how can I logon to the Telstra website as you suggested.  You probably assume that everyone owns iPhones with unlimited broadband (can't be a Telstra mobile plan)?

Anyway I tried just now from my computer BUT the link you suggested gets me to a form to pay my bills.  That is another thing you miss understood, I paid my bill on time and paid a second time just to get connected to an important meeting and to no avail - missed the meeting! Seriously why has Telstra removed the human intelligence from technical support and replaced it with an AI computer with very low IQ?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @myomy

If you have broadband with Telstra you likely have a Smart Modem: https://tel.st/237lz which includes a 4G backup SIM built in. As long as you have 4G mobile service you'll still be able to connect to the internet if your primary connection is down for some reason. 

Or you can contact support via My Telstra App: https://tel.st/26ax2. Ignoring the login button, at the bottom under the Get Help tab click the Telstra Messaging icon. This is the primary support channel for Telstra assistance right now, ensure you have notifications enabled and you'll be alerted by the app when an agent responds. This is available to anyone, you don't need to be using a Telstra mobile or even be a customer to access this support channel. 

Regarding being redirected to pay, it sounds like the service has been suspended for being overdue. You've mentioned that you've paid, could you perhaps have made payments to the wrong account number though? Or even just made a typo causing the payment to fail? Billing support in the app can look into this with you, an agent will take over where Codi cannot assist, and I'm sure we'll have answers for you soon. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit