Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Incoming caller ID no longer working on landline since installing new NBN modem (second one)

Answered

I have had incoming Caller ID on my landline for many years, but since installing my second Telstra Modem (the internet kept dropping out on the first one) a few days ago, I no longer get incoming caller ID on my landline.  It says Unavailable, Unknown Number. I contacted Telstra via online chat, and Victor said he would turn it back on but to wait 3 hours and then turn off the modem and turn it back on.  This hasn't worked. I need this feature as I get many nuisance calls, and don't answer the phone if I don't know who is calling.  Help!!!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Is yRe: Incoming caller ID no longer working on landline since installing new NBN modem (second

i cf4, Used the "new" modem all day yesterday, and it too dropped out a couple of times.  This morning I reconnected the "old" (first) modem, and guess what - I now have caller ID back.  So it IS a problem with the modem.  Maybe you should try a new modem also.  Anyway, will get to the bottom of it all (I hope) and maybe need a Telstra tech to sort out the intermittent internet dropping out.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is yRe: Incoming caller ID no longer working on landline since installing new NBN modem (second one)

Is your new modem a Technicolor modem (DJA0231)? I have noticed the same thing with my modem. I think it is a firmware fault in the modem.

Highlighted

Re: Is yRe: Incoming caller ID no longer working on landline since installing new NBN modem (second

Hi cf4, Thanks for your prompt reply. Both of the modems are DJA0231.  The old one worked fine except that the internet kept dropping out.  Now this new one is OK (so far, it's only been a few days) internet wise, but no incoming caller ID.  Haven't returned the old one yet - might reconnect it and see if the ICID works on it.  At least then I'll know if it's the modem.  Fed up with all this messing around.....

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

i cf4, Used the "new" modem all day yesterday, and it too dropped out a couple of times.  This morning I reconnected the "old" (first) modem, and guess what - I now have caller ID back.  So it IS a problem with the modem.  Maybe you should try a new modem also.  Anyway, will get to the bottom of it all (I hope) and maybe need a Telstra tech to sort out the intermittent internet dropping out.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit