CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Incoming phone line significantly below minimum height

I've contacted Telstra several times over the last 6 months to report a phone cable which keeps getting struck due to it being at a low height. Each time a technician has come out looked at it and said "nothing wrong". Cable was struck again a month ago and this time was brought down. We contacted Telstra faults team who sent out a Technician who reconnected the line in same position but didn't adjust height as apparently it "wasn't needed". I finally found a Telstra document online last night which confirmed that line should be a minimum of 3.5m where it crosses a driveway. I've measured the line this evening and it's at 2.7m minimum height a whopping 700mm below minimum permissible height. We clearly need a riser fitting to make the install compliant but Telstra Faults team either don't seem to know their own regs or are ignoring a non compliant install. How do I escalate this to get it resolved before the next vehicle takes out the line and maybe causes damage to my fascia boards?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Incoming phone line significantly below minimum height

Hi @AshDi

Thanks for taking the time to report the low hanging cable and apologies for the delays in responding. 

Are you still in need of assistance with this or has the matter been resolved?

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the response.  NBN tech came out about a week ago.  Took one look at the line, agreed it was too low and fitted a riser there and then.  Honestly not sure why Telstra techs couldn't have done the same over the last month's.  But all now good

Ash

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your response @AshDi

Great to read that the matter has been resolved and please do reach out again any time.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit