Cady
Level 1: Cadet

International call from landline 'cannot be connected'

Any idea why I get this error message? The number hasn't changed, there are no problems with the receiving landline, there's evidently nothing wrong with my service and I can get through if I add the very special one time only secret code onto the start of the 0011 number that the international faults people hand out. Why can't I just get through direct?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: International call from landline 'cannot be connected'

Hello do you having Australian network barring from the origination network or provider. Is it a fixed or mobile service?
Why do you need a one tome secret access code? And from the international
Operator?
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Cady
Level 1: Cadet

It was a landline to landline call, with an Australian network, and there is nothing barred on the account. One of the Telstra faults people I spoke to transferred me to international faults, I've never come across the access codes before but it did get me through.
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

0011 initiates th dial out of Australia. Otherwise if the phone supports it you can instead use the +(country code) or as an example for the uk it would be +44(number) or 001144(number). If you don’t add the + or the 0011 first it doesn’t know to dial out of the country.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit