WFPL
Level 5: Eagle Eye

International calls

Answered

Hi, tried to make an international call last night for Mother's day and the phone rang once on the other end and then there was silence on the line. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the phone on the other end (sent messages overnight). I have a business calling pack attached to our landline account so I don't understand what has happened. Tried messaging Telstra last night but of course they aren't helpful unless its between 8 and 8.30 and even then they aren't usually helpful. And you can't speak to a representative during those hours anyway unless you say "faults" or "sales". Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International calls

The only way to get it checked out is through 132200 (132000 if business account) or by sending a message using the My Telstra app or the website. And yes, you should be saying "faults" in this case when you call, as that is what it is.

The problem could be occurring at either end of the international gateway. There is nothing that you can do about it on your end other than contact Telstra to get it investigated.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: International calls

The only way to get it checked out is through 132200 (132000 if business account) or by sending a message using the My Telstra app or the website. And yes, you should be saying "faults" in this case when you call, as that is what it is.

The problem could be occurring at either end of the international gateway. There is nothing that you can do about it on your end other than contact Telstra to get it investigated.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit