LK1974
Level 1: Cadet

Issues with cancelling the Message bank operator on Telstra easy control 101 home phone handset?

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Telstra Easy Control 101 cordless phone G164000604 for my mum. Since she had NBN installed at home last week, I cant seem to cancel the "Message Bank" operators voice on the phone. It rings 3-4 times and goes straight to Message bank. My mum is a pensioner and cant walk fast therefore, cannot get to the phone quick enough before it goes to message bank. NOTE: This is not Messagebank 101!. She is not capable of selecting message bank to play back messages etc and would like to have this function switched off. The device did not come with an instruction booklet and only had a 2 page brochure enclosed. I have thoroughly gone through this and has no instructions on to how to delete this from the phone? Does anyone know how this is done as the staff in the store have no clue either?

Have also tried searching google for more instructions and cannot find anything on this model phone.

Also, I need to try and store phone numbers in the phone so that she can see who is calling her, but this is not working either. Can anyone please help me with this ?? Would be glad to speak over the phone also. She has caller ID already added to her account.

Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Issues with cancelling the Message bank operator on Telstra easy control 101 home phone handset?

The instructions for this model phone are here. Unfortunately, it is the 2 page instructions. I'm not sure if the handset will show the name of the person who is calling or not. The way to make sure it works properly (ie, the way the phone is designed) is to enter the full number (xx) xxxx xxxx in (if you leave out the area code, then it won't work properly).

If you want to completely remove messagebank from your mother's service, call 1800 834 273 and the consultant can do that for you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
deeboss
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Issues with cancelling the Message bank operator on Telstra easy control 101 home phone handset?

My elderly mother has recently been connected to the NBN and now all calls are going to message bank following 5-6 rings.  Operators voice instructs that pin number must be keyed in to set up message bank.  Mum does NOT and DID NOT ask for this service and I am unable to cancel the message service.  Have tried dialling 101 and pressing 3 to no avail.  Can someone help please

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi deeboss,

If you aren't listed as an authorised representative on your mother's account she should be able to add you so you can make changes like this by calling our NBN team on 1800 834 273.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit