CaptinCarrot
Level 1: Cadet

Kx-TGP 500 DECT phone with Telstra smart modem

I had the KX-TGP 500 working ok with a Telstra Netgear  gateway connected to the NBN. In closing my business and changing from a business account to a private account, Telsta reconnected the NBN with a Telstra Smart Modem, however I can't get the KX-TGP 500 to connect now? Any help appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Kx-TGP 500 DECT phone with Telstra smart modem

I afraid you want be able to use the Kx-TGP 500 DECT with a consumer Telstra NBN service. The handset use DECT 6.0 so can't be paired to the modems DECT 2.0 base and there is no phone port for connecting the Kx-TGP 500 DECT base to the modem. The Kx-TGP 500 DECT

is a SIP phone and Telstra does not provide the SIP details that are required for configuring the phone. On a Telstra consumer NBN service the SIP details are automatically configured in the modem by the server and the modem can only connect to phones via the green phone port or by wireless using the DECT2.0 base in the modem.

CaptinCarrot
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Kx-TGP 500 DECT phone with Telstra smart modem

Wow What a backward step. If I had had known that this was going to be an issue, I would have kept the business account inspite of closing my business.  In doing the right thing I have given myself an unwanted problem.

Thanks you for the info there is so much cross info it was difficult to figure out what was happening. A straight answer, whilst not what I wanted to hear, means I can start looking at plan B. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit