Level 1: Cadet

Land line not working since connection to NBN

We had NBN connected on 1 Oct and had to change our landline number from a biz account to a residential one.

It took a month, but had to get a new number. 1 Nov, the phone was working.

12 days later it stopped as Telstra tried to replace it with our old business number (not that we asked)

I've since spent over 8 hours trying to get in touch with Telstra (often with the phone hung up on me after holding for ages and then having to start all over again)

And then they called me tonight - but I missed the call.

I've now been on hold for over 90 minutes to get back to them and am really concerned that I won't end up speaking with anyone.

This is exhausting.

Is there not a number to call for existing problems with case numbers without having to wait so long?
Is it possible to have the one person that I can speak with who is familiar with what has been done so far?

Why is it all so hard?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Land line not working since connection to NBN

@343GuiltySpark can you please help?

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You can always try Livechat, which is up and running again apparently.

Or you can send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get a response, but you get a notification through the app when someone does.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented

@Jupiter   seems like some things Telstra are returning to a sort of 'normal'. A poster here yesterday  commented that they were calling and getting answered, several times...  but unfortunately also getting hung up on.. 

Hopefully Telstra will provide some formal update on the Customer Support situation soon...  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Thanks @Jupiter

You should see my Livechat log - was over 24 hours with them asking same questions asked over and over again (I answered of course), but then to find that I was talking with sales (perhaps why they were a little more responsive) and that "faults" would get back to me.....

Yep - still waiting.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Polly21. 

I see you were having trouble with your fault case. 

Did you end up getting this sorted out? If not can I please get your case reference number so I can assist further?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thank you - we had it finally fixed. 

We couldn't move our business number to the new residential NBN land line so had to forego this after using it for 50 years, but we have a land line that works now.

Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate the update, Polly21. Please let us know if there's anything else we need to address.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit