Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Landline number changed after NBN install

Had my NBN connected last Wednesday and unknown to me my landline number was changed in the process - not asked for and also more to the point I was not made aware of this change. I don't receive may calls on my landline but from the older generation in my family I do. I only noticed this when I logged onto the Telstra page Sunday avo. Called Telstra and had a chat with a very nice man who told me beacause I had signed up for a new NBN bundle a new landline number was appointed to me. I asked for my original one to be reinstated and was told it could take over a week - in the mean time my home phone answers as disconnected.

Following this I have been sent quite a few text messages on my mobile "we are trying to call you regarding your home phone specifically your Silent Line preference. Please call us...." Now, I didn't request a Silent line and had a hard time insisting that I didn't ask for one and then he went on to try and upsell me mobile phone plans and internet data plans.....NOT GOOD! I have spent the best part of 40 minutes on my mobile, and my purse, to change over to the NBN and stay with Telstra but this sadly hasn't ended yet as I still do not have my original home phone number and my internet speeds vary between 3 and 23 MG on any given day.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Landline number changed after NBN install

Hi GreenFrog2

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Have you managed to progress your concerns regarding your Phone Number as yet? Hoping this now has been resolved? 

In relation to your concerns with the speed of your NBN Service, you could try our Speed Tips, How To Troubleshoot Speed Issues or consider adding an NBN Speed Boost to your service, Speed Boost on NBN 

If the problem still persists, please speak with our 24x7 NBN Tech Team on 1800834273 - IVR > 4

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit