BA314
Level 1: Cadet

Lead in - new connection to granny flat

Answered

Hello,

I am building a new granny flat that has it's own street frontage and Council has allocated it a unique address, my question do I just provide a lead in cable to the street frontage as would be the case if it were a new houes?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Lead in - new connection to granny flat

That would be the requirement from your perspective.

You would then need to get NBN Co to add your address to the database of serviceable addresses.

The process with NBN Co can take up to 3 months for a simple subdivision of a block. See Developing a new property | nbn (nbnco.com.au) for details on what you need to do in order for the property to be connected.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

That would be the requirement from your perspective.

You would then need to get NBN Co to add your address to the database of serviceable addresses.

The process with NBN Co can take up to 3 months for a simple subdivision of a block. See Developing a new property | nbn (nbnco.com.au) for details on what you need to do in order for the property to be connected.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

BA314
Level 1: Cadet

Many thanks

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit