Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Line Fault in Rockhampton

Hi, I've tried sending a 'Contact Us' email but it continues to tell me it encountered an error so I've registered to try here.

I'm not with Telstra but use ClubTelco who's supplier is Telstra.  I ordered a Phone/Internet bundle with CT at the beginning of February, and after 3 weeks I was provided with a working phone line however despite numerous calls to CT Technical Support we were unable to establish an internet connection and a Fault was registered on the week beginning 27th of  February with telstra for checking I believe. 

I have external University deadlines and thesis to write and am becoming increasing anxious regarding getting this fault checked and getting internet supplied to my home and was hoping to find out how, if possible, I can speed up this process with Telstra.  Is there any way I can find out from a Telstra representative how I can get this fault checked as CT have provided me with few answers and remain quiet on when this will be sorted, given I have waited roughly 7 - 8 weeks for what I thought would be a simple provisioning and 4 of those weeks awaiting a fault check?

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate your time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Line Fault in Rockhampton

@Juk3b0x wrote:

Hi, I've tried sending a 'Contact Us' email but it continues to tell me it encountered an error so I've registered to try here.

I'm not with Telstra but use ClubTelco who's supplier is Telstra.  I ordered a Phone/Internet bundle with CT at the beginning of February, and after 3 weeks I was provided with a working phone line however despite numerous calls to CT Technical Support we were unable to establish an internet connection and a Fault was registered on the week beginning 27th of  February with telstra for checking I believe. 

I have external University deadlines and thesis to write and am becoming increasing anxious regarding getting this fault checked and getting internet supplied to my home and was hoping to find out how, if possible, I can speed up this process with Telstra.  Is there any way I can find out from a Telstra representative how I can get this fault checked as CT have provided me with few answers and remain quiet on when this will be sorted, given I have waited roughly 7 - 8 weeks for what I thought would be a simple provisioning and 4 of those weeks awaiting a fault check?

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate your time.

Whilst ClubTelco Wholesale of Telstra Wholesale, this forum is for Telstra's retail customers.

Regretfully, its against the law for Telstra Retail staff to access Wholesale records without the Wholesale Customer (ClubTelco's) consent.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

Given the fault is already lodged by CT for me and my permission given for the fault to be checked by Telstra, my details should already be possessed by Telstra. My quest was to find out first hand without being given constant referrals 2 Technical Support when Telstra would be able 2 check the fault in Rockhampton for my home number on the Frenchville exchange.

This should still be possible given the responsibility for this fault check has moved to Telstra and I must wait on their technicians to resolve my issue?
Highlighted

@Juk3b0x wrote:
Given the fault is already lodged by CT for me and my permission given for the fault to be checked by Telstra, my details should already be possessed by Telstra. My quest was to find out first hand without being given constant referrals 2 Technical Support when Telstra would be able 2 check the fault in Rockhampton for my home number on the Frenchville exchange.

This should still be possible given the responsibility for this fault check has moved to Telstra and I must wait on their technicians to resolve my issue?

From Telstra's perspective, the line is actually paid for by ClubTelco, not by you.

This is a Legal seperation between Retail and Wholesale, its not a policy thing. If you have a line that is billed through another provider, that provider has to contact Telstra to expidite or enquire on the status of the request.

When I worked at Telstra, I did not have access to Wholesale customer faults or orders, so it was not physically possible for a Customer Service Team that dealt with Telstra retail customers to look at the fault details for a Telstra Wholesale Customer.

The fault was actually lodged by ClubTelco to their Wholesale Provider, it was not lodged "on your behalf" (There is a massive difference there). This means that its up to ClubTelco to escalate the fault and to provide resolution.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

Thanks Ben.

I figured there was no harm in trying, 2 months is a frustratingly long wait when I have a tonne of need for a decent connection at home with little understanding of what a fault check entails and no time frame for how long I can still expect 2 wait.

Nevermind, appreciate the help.
Highlighted

@Juk3b0x wrote:
Thanks Ben.

I figured there was no harm in trying, 2 months is a frustratingly long wait when I have a tonne of need for a decent connection at home with little understanding of what a fault check entails and no time frame for how long I can still expect 2 wait.

Nevermind, appreciate the help.

Completely agree and I know how frustrating it is. This is one of the main reasons i'm with Telstra, is that the lines are theirs anyway so why not just deal directly with them Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit