cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Message Us not working using Desktop Browser

Answered

Has any one else noticed that the message us (https://fix.telstra.com/smart-troubleshooting/transfertoagent) in not working if a Desktop browser is used? When the "Message Us" link is selected nothing happens. Have tried Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and the Firefox browser.

I put this on the Home Phone Boards as the problem I am trying to solve relates to Home phones and I could not find any Boards that covered faults with the Telstra Website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Message Us not working using Desktop Browser

I wonder if it's because I'm not on a Telstra connection? Could be a DNS error with Telstra's network not allowing the connection, thereby blocking the popup from appearing but not throwing up a visible error.

It is working when connected via Telstra mobile connection.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter

It's working on Edge on my computer. Version 86.0.622.63 (Official build) (64-bit)

Just updated to Version 86.0.622.68 (Official build) (64-bit) and it's working there too.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupiter

Have you got Javascript enabled? The Live chat uses Javascript.

cf4

Java Script is enabled.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

I wonder if it's because I'm not on a Telstra connection? Could be a DNS error with Telstra's network not allowing the connection, thereby blocking the popup from appearing but not throwing up a visible error.

It is working when connected via Telstra mobile connection.

View solution in original post

cf4

Its not the Telstra DNS blocking the connection but thanks to your suggestion I found the problem was due to the DUMAOS add blocker treating the messaging pop up as an add and blocking the connection. Add telstra.com to the add blocker white list fixed the problem.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit