Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Misunderstanding a change of name request.

I filled in a Change of Name request for my landline account because my husband died. Telstra have replied (a) to my husband saying I have requested access to his account, (b) that there has been a request for the phone be disconnected. Telstra and not chatting online and I can't sort out the problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Misunderstanding a change of name request.

To contact Telstra at this time, you can either call 132200 and say "Bereavement" - you might get through if you are lucky (9am to 5pm AEST Mon-Fri) and this team looks after this specific type of request.

Otherwise, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. Type "Bereavement" in the initial message and it should get you through to the right people. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will get a notification through the app when someone does respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter.

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried calling - they aren't answering at this time. 

I've downloaded the Telstra app onto my mobile phone but it won't accept my sign in.

Mol-2

Highlighted

Well, no. They wouldn't answer, it was after 5pm AEST when you tried calling (I posted my message at 5:41pm AEST).

Bypass the login in the app, you don't need to be signed in to use the messaging function.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit