Gran7
Level 1: Cadet

My home phone

My home phone needs connecting since I had a back up battery installed by nbn. I have had two appointments cancelled by Telstra , I am sick of it as I can’t get internet either. Why is there no technicians? Nothing gets resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: My home phone

It will depend which type of technician was coming. If it was an NBN Co technician, then NBN Co probably cancelled if they did their checks and couldn't see a problem.

Is your phone plugged into your modem, and have you tried plugging the modem into all 4 UNI-D ports on the NTD?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gran7
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, we have tried everything you have suggested and the problem is still ongoing. The technician needs to connect it and you keep cancelling so it’s not getting fixed. I have been very patient so far but your service has been unacceptable and I have not had access to a home phone or the internet for far too long. This defeats to purpose of having priority backup and has caused endless problems and stress.

to be completely honest this has soured my opinion of Telstra and will think twice about using your company for future purchases.

Jupiter

It's not my company. I do not work for Telstra. This is not an official Telstra support site.

The problem will be that Telstra will be requesting that NBN Co send a technician (it's NBN Co's equipment that needs working on and they are the only one's who can touch it), and NBN Co run a remote test and can't see a problem, so they cancel the appointment.

The only solution to the problem is to ask Telstra to organise another technician's visit.

You can also lodge a complaint about NBN Co not turning up via tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit