Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

My NBN is connected fine but no home Phone?

Answered

We have perfectly connected internet but after plugging the phone into the phone jack on the smart hub no phone. Have checked all cables and correct and restarted modem and then smart hub. Do we have to call someone to get the phone turned on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: My NBN is connected fine but no home Phone?

Alll good. Advice was helpful.  Old cordless phone seems incompatible and have managed to get it to work with a new phone.   Thanks for help..

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is the phone light on the modem green? If the light is green then phone should work. The phone has o be plugged into the green port on the modem.

Highlighted

Yes all green phone and internet.  At back of hub all lines are green.  No dial tone and can’t ring in or out.  

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Does modem have"Pair" button? Press it for 3 seconds.

Do you have dial tone?

Highlighted

Yes did that but did not work.  Also no dial tone.   

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

OK sorry, that advice of mine is probably just for cordless phones.  Situation with Telstra is tech fault people in India have been sent home by govt. Can’t work from home due privacy issues. Some staff in Philippines have been trained, probably in a hurry. They are also restricted to about a third of their office workforce. Have to live in nearby hotel and not seeing their families for 3 weeks at least.  So stressed and many not experienced. Yes, you get chatting while they run interminable diagnostic tests.  After finally getting through but not resolving issue you might be given a ticket No. while they investigate further/pass it up the line.  If they later think they have fixed it they might send a text message saying you have 24 hrs to reply if problem not fixed. However they aren’t working 24/7 and my ticket was cancelled before the 24 hrs was up anyway.  It took me about an hour to get through on each of my 3 calls.   Plus at least one of their staff seems to be dyslexic or at least not know the difference between a “star” and a hash — in short,  Good Luck!

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Alll good. Advice was helpful.  Old cordless phone seems incompatible and have managed to get it to work with a new phone.   Thanks for help..

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit