Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

MyTelstra App Help is a never ending circus ride.

Has anyone found that you end up just going around in circles on the MyTelstra help app? First you have to get past the virtual assistant... I ask for "Live Help" & it asks if I need assistant changing sims When you get past the bot obstacle, it is only then when your world of pain & frustration truly opens up. Operators dont read past conversations (they tell me they dont have privileges to read them) and you end up explaining your problem over & over. I find the operator leaves the chat and you end up repeating yourself. A problem that could have been solved with a 10 minute phone call has taken over a week with the HelpApp. If you are bored and have nothing to do during covid, I suggest downloading the MyTesltra App & ask for help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: MyTelstra App Help is a never ending circus ride.

All the frontline consultants are supposed to have access to read the previous conversations that you have through the app.

@ashliem could you pass this feedback on to the powers that be, as it seems to be a common complaint at the moment that the customer service consultants either don't have access to the message chain through the app, or they just aren't bothering to read them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I could not agree more...someone needs to re-determine customer service and it's not bloody computer bots throwing you from one to the other.

Now they direct you to the app for contact -  too bad I have this huge screen on the pc, but no lets send them to the small screen.  It's all designed to make you give up, if it's too hard you just put up with it.

I just want an answer from a telstra person, not that ridiculous virtual assistant or the endless loop of "live" chat....but then you get crowd support.  What the hell does that even mean...some bloke might have an idea to fix your problem?

Nah, I'm paying good coin to telstra so I want to be able to talk to someone, maybe a more direct conduit to the mythical "powers that be" perhaps, without all this virtual crap.

Rant over.

Highlighted

There are some issues with the app, but it does work most of the time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jupiter 

Thanks for flagging this with me.

I'll pass this feedback onto the My Telstra team for investigation Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Highlighted

The front line consultants are filipinos sitting in their little house with the kids the dog and the chooks out the back.  They have no idea and you get sent back to that useless codi thing going round in circles. 

@Chris7000 wrote:

I could not agree more...someone needs to re-determine customer service and it's not bloody computer bots throwing you from one to the other.

Now they direct you to the app for contact -  too bad I have this huge screen on the pc, but no lets send them to the small screen.  It's all designed to make you give up, if it's too hard you just put up with it.

I just want an answer from a telstra person, not that ridiculous virtual assistant or the endless loop of "live" chat....but then you get crowd support.  What the hell does that even mean...some bloke might have an idea to fix your problem?

Nah, I'm paying good coin to telstra so I want to be able to talk to someone, maybe a more direct conduit to the mythical "powers that be" perhaps, without all this virtual crap.

Rant over.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit