Jax5
Level 1: Cadet

NBN box

Hi

I have ordered an NBN box to my elderly friend can connect her home phone to the NBN. 

I ordered this 4 weeks ago and she says it has not arrived.

The order number is 

NM52447830

Can you please confirm.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN box

That doesn't look like a true order number? Was it just a reference number provided to you at time of order prior to the order being created? Did you provide your own details or your friends, for contact purposes? There should have been a email confirmation of the order, a service summary and other information when the order was in place...

Your best bet is to contact Telstra and give that number as a reference for them to follow it up. My guess would be it has gone astray or is awaiting some confirmation or other detail..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

What sort of NBN service is it? it might require an NBN tech toi attend and do the install - in which case they would have to advise you of that visit..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

If you mean NBN  HFC  modems, NBN are only supplying them for replacements for existing customers. They have announced they'll be available late in May

https://www.channelnews.com.au/nbn-recommences-hfc-connections-after-chip-shortage-halted-shipments/

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jax5

It was a reference number- l applied on her behalf with her details but my email address as she does not have one. So difficult for the elderly to navigate all of this and then for it not to be delivered...

Jax5

No it does not as l did the same for my elderly Father who lives in the same street. 

If it does require a tech do you think they should have emailed me about this???

SteveW_52

Correct. But the OP didn't describe what sort of service it was..

Stevo 52
SteveW_52

Which is what I said - a visit would need to be advised to you. Some types of NBN service are delayed because of lack of equipment.

But if you have had no other communication, apart from the ref number, then the order has probably gone astray... you should have got an update, a CIS and other details..

Use that number here...  https://www.telstra.com.au/support/account-payment/track-update-online-order

But as I said, it doesn't look like a proper order number - it should start with a 1-xxxx.. Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit