Sully1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Nbn home phone

Just wondering whether anyone could recommend a cordless phone with an answering machine that I can pair with a Telstra Gateway Pro Modem. Having to plug our exisiting phone into the modem is very inconvenient because of its location. I have tried to do some research however I can’t seem to find a phone with an answering machine. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Nbn home phone

Why do you need an answering machine? Message banks is now generally included..
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Sully1
Level 3: Gumshoe

I know I am old school but I would rather come home and see a light flashing and just press a button to hear messages rather than dial message bank to see if there are any messages
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Sully1 wrote:
I know I am old school but I would rather come home and see a light flashing and just press a button to hear messages rather than dial message bank to see if there are any messages

Message Notification to Mobile Service

You can also receive a free SMS on your Telstra mobile when a message is left on your home phone. You can then retrieve this message using your Telstra mobile or home phone.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone/features-services#messagebank

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

Most of the phones have indicator for the message in the message bank, and usually it is one press shortcut to dial in the message bank...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit