brs
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

I have just gone on to NBN and was happy that I had all systems working. ( 2 days ago)

Today I find that my landline now defaults to messagebank with no delay.  I have tried to reset the answer delay but no effect.  I stopped the answerbank thinking it would reinstate my incoming call  but instead caller get the engaged signal.  I managed to reinstate the messagebank and have changed my message so that callers can get me on the mobile.

Not a good situation as I have a sick wife and need a reliable landline.

How do I get this corrected?

BrianS

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN

Call 1800 834 273 and get them to remove messagebank from your service.

If you want to retain Messagebank on your service, call back later and get it reinstated.

There is a glitch in the routing on the NBN service that sometimes occurs and hijacks the line. This is the only known solution that works as far as I'm aware.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
brs
Level 1: Cadet

I can turn it off quite easily but then all calls get the engaged signal - so turning off is not much help.  No cantact at all then.

Jupiter

No. You can't turn it off completely.

From your end, you are cancelling the redirect. The problem is, the system has what used to be known as an exchange redirect activated that you can't change yourself. That is why you need to ring up.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit