Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

need to undivert nbn home phone

Answered

During outage 20 May, I asked Telstra to divert my home phone (NBN wireless) to my mobile. Does anyone know how / if I can undivert it myself? I have been on hold at Telstra for about an hour. 

Sometimes I wake up grumpy... other times I let her sleep...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: need to undivert nbn home phone

Guys,

I FINALLY heard from Telstra after sending an email complaint regarding the fact that I was on hold for 4 hours over 3 days....

Bottom line.. the code #25# is the one to undivert a Telstra imposed diversion... the #21#  is only used for local diversion / forwarding.

Thanks for your replies...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

dialling #21# from the landline will normally work.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The code that @saverioangi mentioned would be the thing to try but I am unsure if you can remove Telstra initiated call forwarding via the handset. If it doesn't work then you would need to speak to our support team to get this removed.

I would be interested to know if the code works though so let us know how you went.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Guys,

I FINALLY heard from Telstra after sending an email complaint regarding the fact that I was on hold for 4 hours over 3 days....

Bottom line.. the code #25# is the one to undivert a Telstra imposed diversion... the #21#  is only used for local diversion / forwarding.

Thanks for your replies...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I'm glad to hear that you've got this resolved now, apologies for the troubles.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yes i can confirm that #25# just worked for me. just tried it 10 seconds ago when #21# didn't work. as a tech i find that 21 usually works even when telstra have put the diversion on but it all depends on what system they use to put the diversion. mainly works fine for normal copper lines but nbn is a different animal altogether.

Yes I am a Telstra employee but any opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the Telstra brand name.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

OK, So I am totally stuck.

I often divert my work line to my mobile, never an issue *21 number # ON

Turn OFF #21#

NOT TODAY!! I've tried 3251316 times, then found this, tried #25#... Nothing
Smiley Sad

Help?? I need my phone line, I even have a Telstra techie in the building doing another job and he has never seen or heard it not undiverting before....

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MrsD72, 

To turn off Call Forward Immediate for all incoming calls: picking up the phone, dialing # 21 # and then hanging up should work.

If it doesn't please try this alternative:  Dial 1 #  and then follow the prompts.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

That's exactly what I was looking for.

I, like you have made multiple LONG calls and got nowhere. I even went to 2 different Telstra shops and all they could tell me there was no diversion. Probably coz it was a Telstra invoked one the same as yours. NO NBN etc until it was fixed (A plug fell out at the Node point. Serious !!)

The number 21 doesn't work for this situation. 25 Does.

Would of thought that the Telstra people would of picked that up after I told them that it was diverted by them.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Ross

Highlighted

Thanks for this reply. It helps unravel the mystery
Highlighted

The code #25# did deactivate the telstra initiated diversion after my router failed.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit