Level 2: Rookie

New Home Line Limited Rings

Hello I just had my home phone line transferred over to NBN. No internet. 
I have removed message bank #99# 

My problem is the home phone only rings 5 times, my mother can not get to phone that fast nor know how to use message or look up missed calls it’s confusing for old woman who doesn’t understand English. 
She would like to have long rings to answer phone. Can this be done or not on NBN? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 21: Augmented

Re: New Home Line Limited Rings

From your home phone try entering *9945# and press the call button (if you have one)..  then hang up..

The '45' is how long the phone will ring for - maximum is 60 seconds but I would suggest only using up to 55..

This should work for most phones..  make sure you test it. If it doesn't work let us know..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Hi SteveW_52, I tried your suggestion but it still only rand 5 times but it also activated message bank again Smiley Sad 

What sort  of phone do you have?

Ring control is included in the messagebank group of services..  but you can disable that..

Do you have a My Account page with that service on it? or the My Telstra app that lists that service?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

Now that you have Messagebank enabled again..  try the *9945# again and see if the ring is extended..

I haven't used this in a while but #002# used to turn off all call fowarding, including to Messagebank but it leaves the ring setting as it is..

Stevo 52

That option didn’t work also. The #002# was not available also. 

Phone is vTech 16650 

I can’t locate ring control on telstra app, unless I keep missing it ? 

Find the number in Services.. (mine is under the bundle).. and click on manage,

on the next page you should see another Manage >  (for mine it is right at the bottom..

next page should have Call waiting and others,

click on call forwarding,

scroll down and you will see a box where you can adjust the ring time - make sure you save it..

on the same page there is a switch for forwarding to message bank  you can turn that OFF..  there are other options there for some of the other forwarding options..

Stevo 52

my services page has nothing :/ 

I’ve tried your suggestions but nothing Smiley Sad 

I’ve  been on chat with telstra and going around in circles they have no idea 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

When we had phone line cable we had 5 rings with answer machine on
8 rings without answering machine
Now with NBN only 5 rings with and without message bank and answering machine... seems weird 

That is odd...  I am not sure what to suggest, but very strange that you can't see the service listed, or get to any of the settings.

Stevo 52

I think we might have a answer apparently the services tab not updated as the account is still Not completed and voice service is in provisioning on the account.

which means I have to wait till it’s fully set up and transferred account today. 

hopefull in a few days time we can try your suggestions 🙏🏻👍🏻

Fingers crossed then..  that explains why things weren't working as they should..

Stevo 52

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit