Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New home phone connection

Order <removed>

Managed to navigate the traitorous processes of having both a lead-in line and a connection box installed for a new house.

Now, am frustrated by the Held Order Management team who every week call and leave a message.  Other times I get several calls a day from the same number which hangs-up on answering (some system problem there).   Reply email from me to say I now have lead-in line in place didn’t get a response.  Telephone calls from me to 1800130015 always ended with a voice mailbox where even with a detailed message I can't ever get out of this ridiculous held order process.

There are weekly  follow-up emails from HOM attaching a letter which threatens to cancel my order if I don’t reply within a certain timeframe. Even the service address is incorrect on those letters. 

Go ahead with your threat Telstra and cancel my home phone order for <removed>.  I don't need the harrassment.

btw Telstra, I hope you don't suggest I pay $395 quoted installation fee for a home phone service which never was.

Mod Edit: removed information for privacy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: New home phone connection

Hello Jude,

For your privacy, I suggest you delete your phone number etc.

You may wish to speak to the Australian based team called "Disconnections" who are very helpful in "saving" customers.

Simply ring in Business Hours 132200 and say "Disconnections" 

Alternatively, if you feel you have exhausted your avenues to resolve this, ring 132200 and say "Complaint" and they will deal with your issue.    You can also go to Telstra 24/7 Live Chat.  Hope this helps

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Interesting the Held Orders department hasn't called since I posted.  Someone in Telstra must have done something with my order following my original post, no comms with me on what was done.

ProfessorPhone,  What's the use of CrowdSupport if all you get is a reply which says now go off-line and ring the complaints department?  Your other option, doesn't make sense to me to disconnect something that was has never been connected.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jude,

Is there a reference number you can give me for your order, or any subsequent conversations you've had? Happy to do some digging on your behalf. A reference number in the format of "1-x", "INT 1-x" or "SR 1-x" would be perfect.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit