CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Answered

I was connected up to NBN on Friday 20 May and I then installed the Telstra Gateway Max. Internet and Foxtel are working ok however when I connected the base of my cordless Panasonic (Model KY-TG8162ALB) into the Green Phone Port on the Gateway I am not able to receive calls. The green Voice/Phone ligh is on and  I have a dial tone, can make calls and callers can leave messages on Messagebank but I don’t want to keep checking this each day to see if there has been a call. The base is more than 30 cm from the modem and I’m using a grey RJ12 cord to connect to the green port.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Problem has been fixed. I'd been conrtacted on 26 May by Telstra to follow up my installation. When I advised them of my phone issues they checked a few things with me and then tried to contact Technical Support. After trying for 15 minutes they advised me that Tech Support must have a lot of calls as they couldn't get through to them. We arranged for Telstra to give me a call the next day when I was home from work. When I got home from work the next day the phone issues had been fixed by Tech Support. Telstra contacted me and I confirmed all was good. I did find later that my message bank pin had been reset / changed which was annoying. I rang 132200 to arrange for this to be changed and was directed to www.telstra.com.au/messagebank. After filling out the online form and being advised that it would take 24 hours it gave me a clue as to what the number might have been and what it would be set to. I tried it and can now access message bank.

Everything is now working.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: New to NBN - Cant Receive Incoming Calls

Problem has been fixed. I'd been conrtacted on 26 May by Telstra to follow up my installation. When I advised them of my phone issues they checked a few things with me and then tried to contact Technical Support. After trying for 15 minutes they advised me that Tech Support must have a lot of calls as they couldn't get through to them. We arranged for Telstra to give me a call the next day when I was home from work. When I got home from work the next day the phone issues had been fixed by Tech Support. Telstra contacted me and I confirmed all was good. I did find later that my message bank pin had been reset / changed which was annoying. I rang 132200 to arrange for this to be changed and was directed to www.telstra.com.au/messagebank. After filling out the online form and being advised that it would take 24 hours it gave me a clue as to what the number might have been and what it would be set to. I tried it and can now access message bank.

Everything is now working.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit