Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

No Dial Tone

Answered

I cant receive or make calls , family complaining they cant contact me, NO Dial Tone  on the Home Phone.
I disconnected the Home phone from the power socket for about 1 min Nothing changed still No dial tone.
I disconnected the Phone from the Modem and plugged it into the phone socket on the wall and i get Dial tone.
I plug the Phone back into the Modem No Dial tone - Problem is there No One in telstra to contact all Automated and the Chat Bot is **bleep**, doesnt comprehend the Problem.
Cant disconnect my wi-fi or modem from the phone wall socket as I need it here, seems like it is the Modem at fault .....
So what do I do  if cant contact Telstra and no one can contact me by phone 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: No Dial Tone

What type of Internet connection do you have? If you have ADSL have you checked PSTN port on the modem is connect correctly. If PSTN port is connected correctly try factory resetting modem. If modem is reset might have to re enter your bigpond user name and password in modem's Broadband settings.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes it is the inline filter from the wall socket. You can get them from electrical stores. I not sure if Telstra will send one.

A simple check to test if the filter is faulty is to disconnect the DSL port on the modem. The  noise should stop or at least the level should reduce significantly.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What type of Internet connection do you have? If you have ADSL have you checked PSTN port on the modem is connect correctly. If PSTN port is connected correctly try factory resetting modem. If modem is reset might have to re enter your bigpond user name and password in modem's Broadband settings.

Highlighted

Hi, fixed that dial tone problem now have another, the Dial tone was perfect then next time i used the land line the Dial tone is the worst static I have ever heard , is Loud, static like Pouring rain on a tin roof Noise, how do i fix that ???

Highlighted

That could be from the sinal of the modem. The ADSL filter might be faulty.

Highlighted

is that the inline filter from the wall socket to the modem ?
can i order one from telstra as there are no telstra stores within 500 km  of my residence ?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes it is the inline filter from the wall socket. You can get them from electrical stores. I not sure if Telstra will send one.

A simple check to test if the filter is faulty is to disconnect the DSL port on the modem. The  noise should stop or at least the level should reduce significantly.

Highlighted

Google Telstra complaints and you can fill out an online form. Not sure what good it will do though. Smiley Sad

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit