Level 1: Cadet

Number transfer to different provider

I'm currently using a Telstra Landline Phone called the "HOME PHONE BASIC" which also allows me to connect to the Internet using "TPG" ISP ... I'm in the process of switching completely over to TPG on the NBN Network. TPG have asked me if I would like to keep my Landline Phone Number' and if I said yes they would take care of it!! TPG have now got back to me saying there is a problem with the transfer and I need to contact Telstra "to reactivate my number and remove the Pending Order attached to the number.

PLEASE EXPLAIN. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 11: Detective

Re: Number transfer to different provider

Hi there,

Seems like an odd request from TPG, but have you previously made a request to migrate onto the NBN with Telstra? Or recently made a change to your landline plan that could be still "pending"? Have you got a "fax/duet" service? These things could be effecting the port out process.

If not, you may need to call Telstra on 132200 to find out if there are currently any orders on you number.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit