Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

OMG the overseas call centre.

Telstra we are 145.00 a month customers of yours and yet we cannot get to speak to someone

whom I trust will solve our problem, I am so upset tonight I am ready to ditch you guys as our providers

of Internet and phone usage. I called your 1300 number on a cell phone as only phone that would obviously

work as I was ringing about a fault in our line. So far I have used around 45 mins of cell usage to be paid

on a minute by minute basis. On talking to first a lady who told us yes there is a fault and she will put me to

a technician in no more time than 3 mins. He came on phone said he had tested line and no fault and can we

get another phone to plug in or take our phone to shop to see if working. We went and spent 79 dollars on a phone

and low and behold it didn't work,  mind you I didn't expect it to be the phone as our home phone is less than 3 months old.

I call back get another women who assured me she would call right back of course she didn't. So an hour later I call 

back to be told yes there is a fault and they working on it and to expect a call in a while. 5 hours later and I am still 

waiting and getting madder by the minute. Telstra why can we not get an Australian or someone who speaks understandable english to deal with our enquiries this is just not good enough, I have elderly parents who had

a bad turn today in new zealand and I cannot contact them this is driving me nuts and its just not fair to not know where we stand. All I want to know is there or is there not a fault in our line, I believe there is yet been told yes and no by your call centre. So far this exercise has cost us 79 for new phone and 45 mins so far of cell credit. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH TELSTRA.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: OMG the overseas call centre.

seems you have internet access, use the 24/7 live chat link on the front page of the forums here to connect to a local operator and no phone charges Smiley Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

thanks for that i will give them ago am just waiting for an agent, fngers crossed i have some luck
Highlighted

Telstra what are you doing to your customers, and should I say thank you for the 

horrible nights sleep I will get tonight. I sat for 30 mins on your live chat.

got Amy she said hello how can i help you, typed up whats happened then she 

disconnect this is just ridiculous can I please speak to an australian from telstra.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

I called your 1300 number on a cell phone as only phone that would obviously work as I was ringing about a fault in our line. So far I have used around 45 mins of cell usage to be paid on a minute by minute basis.
Which 1300 number did you call? If you called 13 2203 from a Telstra mobile service to report a Telstra residential fault, it will not have a cost impact on your bill for the mobile service. (See http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2010/07/02/free-calls/ .)
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted

they did call diversion to my cell phone and i tried to call the centre again and as i have no credit on phone it wont let me call them. I tried just a while back.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi robynnew, sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced trying to get a line fault investigated and fixed. I'll be in touch shortly via private message to see what can be done to help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Just on a side note, the ability for the Agent to speak English has no bearing on the (obviously) local person who will need to be sent. The fact remains that this will require a tech to come out likely, and not just a button they can push to fix the issue.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

why doesnt Telstra address this problem!!! I pay them over $220 pm!! Now looking at Optus and suggest others do same
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

24/7 doesn't work very well either
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra use contractors in call centres overseas they don't directly work for Telstra. Which means Telstra is uncontactable to the Australian public. By Australian law this is illegal.
24/7 is just a forum they can help with minor thing and are quite helpful. As I see it, 24/7 doesn't meet the obligations of the law ( as a means to contact Telstra)
I am working on a law suite against Telstra, and would love to hear everyone's story in detail. Even if it is an old story

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit