Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Open leg on phone line. How can I report it to Telstra?

Answered

The idiots working (in local exchange?) in our area have left a leg open and a permanenty open landline. So no telephone.

We live in a mobile blackspot so Telstra have effectively cut off all our commuication other than internet.

Its been four weeks. I cant even do more than a "tick a box report a generic fault" on my number, and requesting a tech come inspect our phones, when all it needs is someone with half a brain to sort out the mess hes left at the exchange. Yes the self test shows the line is fine and no there are no outages. Well of course. 

Am I on a six month wait with no phones till someone comes out to find my phones are fine and the line fabric is fine and he has to make a report to the man who goes into the exchange to find the problem from that end?

And these guys want paying.

Does someone know anywhere I can even properly report the problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Open leg on phone line. How can I report it to Telstra?

You can report it via https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sorry Jupiter, no you cant report a specific problem there. You can ony tick generic boxes and as a last resort request action which brings a tech to you one day some time not soon at the moment, and only after you sign your life away in terms and conditions.

Ive been there and done that several times, and weeks ago before resorting in frustration to this place.

STILL NO PHONE

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

And take off that stupid default avatar. This isnt supposed to some childs game.

Highlighted

April 14. No phone.

Whats the point.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You can report it via https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sorry Jupiter, no you cant report a specific problem there. You can ony tick generic boxes and as a last resort request action which brings a tech to you one day some time not soon at the moment, and only after you sign your life away in terms and conditions.

Ive been there and done that several times, and weeks ago before resorting in frustration to this place.

STILL NO PHONE

Highlighted

No the problem is not fixed No there has not been a solution.

NO PHONES as at 19 04 2020

Highlighted

I notice Telstra wasnt backwards in taking their money out of my account on the 15 April.

So I get to pay for another month of no phones. Thats caring!

Highlighted

What a joke;

Date: 19-04-2020 01:30 PM

Congratulations, Rob151!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Level 2: Rookie.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The Telstra Crowdsupport Team

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Report the fault, if Telstra is at fault they will resolve it and credit you back for days without service, if your hardware or internal wiring is at fault, you accept the callout and labour costs for the tech coming out and they’ll resolve it. There’ll be delays with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic , customers who rely on their phones for medical reasons/vulnerable customers will be prioritised.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

JH

Do you actually work for telstra?

I still have no phones.

I did all the reporting issues and signing my life away to get tech asssistance weeks before coming in here.

I tried everything I could think of including trying to slide in to small business and Enterprise side three weeks before making any posts here.

Telstra is still billing me. Is that theft?

Im keeping my eyes open for a linesman or an actuall Telstra employee on the roadside to see if I can get assistance somehow. The only people I have met so far have all been NBN and all they can do is shrug.

All this BS about keeping us connected and doing all they can.

I guess any family members that have died are now cremated and buried and whatever hoops we had to go through to get compassionate travel exemptions in spite of not having phones is moot point. We probably dont matter to Telstra as long as they get thier cash.

Highlighted

The only other way to make contact with Telstra a the moment is to send a message via the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). You can mark it as urgent by tapping on the icon in the top right of the message screen.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Jupiter, I see that you're "level 25: The Singularity", so given your experience, have you actually been able to have a successful Telstra disconnection/cancellation carried out? 

I'm in a similar situation to Rob151 in that we want a disconnection/cancellation, but we have an unusual twist to it. We opted to accept an elderly reputable person (97-year-old ) as a tenant to our rental home, after 2 separate instances of youngs leaving us $2K+ (in both cases) out of pocket. Ouch.

Things went well until the NBN announced that the old copper land-lines would be phased out in 18 months & they'd be switching to fibre optics. We brought it to the attention of our elderly tenant but she just sailed on thinking that it would all work out.

Time passed when we then found that a lovely young Telstra salesman visited her & signed her up for a "Telstra Voice Complete Plan".

What a guy!!!

Yeh $40.95/month for the line rental alone & on top of that, charged a premium for each of her standard calls. 

No problem, she got stung for being technology phobic, BUT she's since moved on & the Telstra bills keep coming to MY email in-Box (me being the soft touch, I paid for them on-line & she reimbursed us with cash).

I have to say, it's all doing my head in & I'd really appreciate an effective workaround.

There's no pressure, we accept that the last bill needs paying, which WE will, but WE're on a time-based mobile plan, so I won't front up for a hung line to the Manilla (I've googled) helpdesk to NOT sort it out.

Highlighted

The disconnections team is actually in Adelaide. Google's not always 100% correct. But it's difficult to get through to them anyway, as they are helping out the other teams at the moment as well.

If you're on a time based mobile plan, it's time to change plan (or you'll probably get moved off of it shortly anyway) . I haven't seen one of those in years, they can be very expensive. Look at www.Belong.com.au as they have good offers (starting at $10/mth with unlimited National calls & SMS) for people who have very little data usage. They use most of the Telstra network (they are part of Telstra).

You will need to send a message via the My Telstra app on your mobile (if it's capable of running it), connect your mobile to your home wifi if you need to to save on any data usage. You need to tap on the blue icon at the bottom right of the Get Help Screen. Start the message with your Full Name, then Disconnections, then a description of the circumstances. It's not an easy one to get disconnected as it's not your service, but as the landlord, you may need a Stat Dec to say that she is no longer residing at the premises. Someone should respond within a few hours/couple of days to the message.

The other option at the moment is to send a message to the Telstra Twitter account as it is being monitored as well.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

G'day Jupiter

Thanks for your informative reply.

I downloaded the My Telstra App but I managed to make a total mess of it. I tell yah, I could make a fortune working as a beta App Tester/Crasher. : (

When I log in, I get sent to a locked myid.telstra.com screen, which I can't get to do anything. There's a refresh icon which functions & what looks like a share icon which brings up options that I don't understand.

Sorry for being such a dumbo.

Cheers

John

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit