Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Optus network numbers cannot call my Telstra landline

I was switched from DODO to Telstra yesterday.

Telstra gave me a notice that the connection will be taken place in 11th Aug. Since i am moving both my NBN internet and landline(VOIP) over to Telstra, there should be technician appointed to finish this switch.

However, somehow someone did my connection yesterday without giving me any kind of notice.

My landline is in use for my business and it is a restaurant. i've told the sales in Chadstone Telstra more than ten times that this landline migration must be minimum interruption as it is for business use. And he promised it would not be an interruption or it would be less than an hour.

If I knew that someone is going to make the connection on a Friday I will do everything i can to stop it!

"luckily" some people connected it for me on a Friday.

And turned out that all numbers from Optus networks cannot call me. The message they got is 'Optus advices that the mobile number you have dialed has been disconnected." This is not even a mobile number!

i contacted Telstra immediately when i got customers came to my shop and notified me that issue. apparently i have already lost some of my sales. they thought that my shop is closed and then ordered elsewhere.

i called technical support first and waited 3 hours to get someone to talk. however, he is not able to identify the issue. He said some one from technical team would contacted me the next day. but no one called me at all! He said he will escalate my case but it was still level 1 next day. 

Saturday morning i called Telstra Chadstone, the manager got a technical team locally on the phone but still no luck after a reprogramming. she escalated my issue to level 3 and i was told that when someone migrated my internet and landline from DODO, it was processed incorrectly. But she cannot find out the exact problem. I think she is the only one that's truly tried to do something technically to fix up.

After a really really bad Friday, i had an awful Saturday. It's Sunday morning now, still no one is really taking any action to look into my issue.

There is no human can talk if i call 132200.

24*7 online chat is my only hope. It took more than an hour for them to just check my case progress every time i contact them. I've had chat with more than 10 people over there and every single one of them is treating me the some way: seems like they did something but they did nothing, completely a waste of my time, everyone is saying same useless thing. 

I've filed a complaint with TIO already. 

Anyone from Telstra can do something for real? I doubt.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Optus network numbers cannot call my Telstra landline

The switchover is handled by NBN changing codes in their system, so it sounds like someone either entered the wrong month or misread it.

As far as Optus customers not being able to call you, that will be because Dodo hasn't put a redirect in the numbers database to direct incoming calls to the Telstra system. It won't affect Telstra callers as they already look at the Telstra system first.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, thanks for your help!

if it was Dodo did something wrong as you said. Would that affect only Optus numbers or all numbers that are not in Telstra network?

Because I used a couple of Vodafone numbers to call. They are all good without any issue.

The only problem is numbers calling from Optus network cannot be connected. 

In addition, there is not issue when I use my landline to call any numbers including Optus numbers. 

Highlighted

Dodo is a virtual carrier, and they use Optus as their host. So Any services that use the Optus network will not be able to contact you.

Outbound calls will not be affected.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Just had a talk to Dodo this afternoon.

was told that everything has been taken over by Telstra and they have nothing can do to my landline service.

my case has been escalated to the network team but no one contact me for 4days already.

Seems like this network team never exists as no one in Telstra can talk to them. Only wait for them to contact me. So weird. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit