Ajaay
Level 1: Cadet

Outgoing landline caller ID

I am on Telstra NBN (HFC technology). When I call anybody from my landline, the receiver does not see my caller id but only sees a "Prviate number". No information has worked so far. Telstra call centre is also unreachable these days. Could somebody please help here. Thanks. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Outgoing landline caller ID

To send your Caller ID on a permanent basis, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you get a notification through your mobile when someone responds.

In the meantime, to send it on a call by call basis, dial 1832 before the number you are calling.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit