Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Phantom 1300 numbers appearing on bill

Just got bill for January, showing 78 1300 numbers called

he trouble is we didn't make any of them.

We were out of the country at the time

And the phone hasn't been working (so much noise on line, can't make a call) for months

And many of the calls were for one second or so at 2 am

so, what's happening?

Is this some sort of scam?

Is this fraud?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Phantom 1300 numbers appearing on bill

Noise on the line is clear indication that there is problem with wires... Do not call billing, or broadband numbers, call fault numbers - sorry, I do not have them handy, but search here will help...

Just to explain... My wife had recently have issue where she was receiving "call backs" for missed calls at her work for the calls she never made. She works in old building with wires dating back to 1950ties... The phone techs discovered that the wires to her office were so bad, that they were causing "micro" short circuits which in turn caused outdated PABX to dial random numbers... They had to prioritise having her moved from analogue phone to VOIP...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Call 132203 to report the fault.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

so, bad wires can be the cause?
I've also reported the phone line and technicians have been working on it.
Perhaps it will improve he ADSL ... also appalling
but still got a lot of charges for services not ordered or received.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi pashrabbit,

Glad to see you're reported the line, I do hope that improves matters.

If you 'd like to address the extra charges on the bill please chat with us via the following secure chat link  http://tel.st/49kl

Keep us in the loop.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I've also reported the phantom calls via the online complaint.
I am being billed for services not ordered and not received.
I have tried to report this earlier by phone.
A 'manager' was supposed to get back to me but never did.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

If you happen to have an SR case number from that interaction that you can share with me I can request they call you back. Alternately if you have an email regarding the matter you should find on it a 'get back to me' link that will enable you to request a return call.

Angela  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Yes, I am positive that bad wires can be the cause for the phantom calls, as well as for bad performing ADSL. The important thing is not to call Broadband people, but the general fault people...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit