Level 1: Cadet

Phone and Internet Outage - Can't speak to Telstra Support to get problem fixed

Have had problems since the Easter holidays with internet drop-outs, indeterminacy, slow connection as well as problems with the home phone with no dial tone/unable to make landline calls at all since this morning.  Have unplugged and rebooted network several times over the last few days all to no avail.

Used the Telstra troubleshooting feature for phone faults and logged into my account to get a proper assessment.  At end of assessment a message said an outage had been found and to contact the technical department on 13 22 03.

However when  following the telephone prompts, after reporting "Phone not working" and selecting "Technical Problem" or something similar was told to hang up and follow the link on my mobile phone to fix issue, all without speaking to an actual person.

The link sent to my mobile only ended up taking me back to the original troubleshooting page I have already used and so I am stuck in a perpetual loop of not being able to contact anybody to get my problem fixed!!!

Would somebody be able to help me with how I can getting this problem reported and speak to an actual person???  

Please note: After one of the multiple other attempts in trying to reach an operator, was told to download a Telstra app to run diagnostics (probably just the standard Troubleshooting process I guess).  The problem is I'm using an obsolete ordinary mobile that can't even load a website let alone download an app, so this is of no use too. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Phone and Internet Outage - Can't speak to Telstra Support to get problem fixed

Hi Asan737, 

It sounds like the online troubleshooting tool determined a fault on your land line if it directed you to 13 22 03.  If you're not having any success contacting the Faults team to report this you can also report it via the this webform.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit