AussieChris74
Level 2: Rookie

Phone answering machine

Hello

I recently got connected to the NBN but the built in answering machine on my uniden home phone no longer works.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get it working on the NBN or are answering machines made redundant now?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Luvs_footie
Level 20: Director

Re: Phone answering machine

Hi there AussieChris74

As a suggestion maybe if you go to the Uniden web site and check if your model phone is compatable with the NBN could be a good start. Here's what I found......

Uniden’s phone products and their compatibility with the National Broadband Network (NBN)

NBN Co is the Federal Government Business Enterprise responsible for the rollout of the NBN across Australia.

NBN Co has established the Enex TestLab, which allows product providers to test if their devices will work with the range of phone services provided over the NBN.

In April 2014, the NBN Co issued a guidance note, to clarify what statements product providers can make in relation to their test results with the Enex TestLab.

In compliance with the NBN Co guidance note, Uniden Australia advises that:

1. We have tested our phone products with a range of phone services provided over the NBN;

2. Our phone products have been shown to work with a range of phone services provided over the NBN; and

3. We can provide specific recommendations on which phone services on the NBN will work with your Uniden phone product.

Uniden Australia

May 2014

http://www.uniden.com.au/Australia/n_nbn.asp

Cheers

sensorpeter
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Phone answering machine

I have a Uniden phone DECT1635+2 and since connected to NBN the answering machine part does not work,it comes up that it is going to message bank,any suggestions to solve this problem.

@AussieChris74 wrote:

Hello

I recently got connected to the NBN but the built in answering machine on my uniden home phone no longer works.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get it working on the NBN or are answering machines made redundant now?

Thanks

Hi, I got Telstra to deactivate message bank,and it works like a dream.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit