nmirza
Level 1: Cadet

Phone got activated - Lead-in Cable present but Socket is missing

Answered

Hi Guys

I hope somebody would be able to help with this.

I just relocated to a new place and my phone service has been activated there but the house is missing a phone socket. When I filled out the move house form, I specifically mentioned that we would require a tech visit as there was no socket installed. I have found 3 out of 4 cables coming out of a lead-in cable that is hidden behind a fixed tile. I am assuming that this unit was renovated and probably last tenant got the socket installed and took it out before leaving.

So basically now I am left with an active phone account but I can't use phone. I know that 1st socket is Telstra's responsibility if there is no MDF installed. I don't think there is an MDF or any other NTD installed, so NBP is probably that missing socket. 

Would you guys be able to arrange a Telstra technician for this job? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone got activated - Lead-in Cable present but Socket is missing

Welcome to CrowdSupport nmirza,

In all honesty if the connection is showing as complete, but you don't have a working service because of an issue on the Telstra side of things (up to the first socket as you are aware) your best bet is to give Faults a call on 13 2203.  They will be able to lodge an appropriate job to have someone come out (in a reasonable time-frame) to look into it for you.

One thing to be aware of though, is that if the socket is missing or damaged as a result of something done by a tenant, you may be charged a 'Fee for service' by Telstra to fix it.  Details of 'Fee for service' are found at http://telstra.com.au/customer-terms/home-family/other-services/

However if this is the case I would be arguing that you should only be charged the $125 connection fee as it was an inplace connection that required a Telstra technician to attend, as this may be cheaper than Fee for service, especially if you notified them at the time that you would be needing a technician.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone got activated - Lead-in Cable present but Socket is missing

Welcome to CrowdSupport nmirza,

In all honesty if the connection is showing as complete, but you don't have a working service because of an issue on the Telstra side of things (up to the first socket as you are aware) your best bet is to give Faults a call on 13 2203.  They will be able to lodge an appropriate job to have someone come out (in a reasonable time-frame) to look into it for you.

One thing to be aware of though, is that if the socket is missing or damaged as a result of something done by a tenant, you may be charged a 'Fee for service' by Telstra to fix it.  Details of 'Fee for service' are found at http://telstra.com.au/customer-terms/home-family/other-services/

However if this is the case I would be arguing that you should only be charged the $125 connection fee as it was an inplace connection that required a Telstra technician to attend, as this may be cheaper than Fee for service, especially if you notified them at the time that you would be needing a technician.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit