CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Phone line continually dead

Answered

I have a Telstra home phone which continually has a dead line.

Note: we are in a NBN satellite location so phone does not go through any NBN connection.

Incoming calls go to message bank, there is no dial tone on the phone and we can't ring out. This problem gets reported and we go through the long process of establishing there is something wrong when it's the same old problem,....no dial tone, can't ring out, no calls in. This happens every 2 or 3 months.

The fault is fixed and back to normal but only to reoccur again a couple of months later.

And the worst part is you don't know its dead until you go to ring out.

Can I have some one I can write to to actually fix the problem for good. I have made lots of phone calls but only get the same old faults number which does not share my frustration it is an ongoing problem.

If this is not fixed permanently soon I see no longer paying for a phone which does not work.

Edit: The fault is always fixed externally. I believe the local exchange as we have never had a technician visit us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone line continually dead

You can lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You can lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue!!!! Did you end up with a good result and is the problem fixed cause I have had NO LUCK 

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

You can also try the office of your local Federal MP.

Highlighted

I did get a good result using https://telstra.com/complaints though it took a little longer. 

Highlighted

Landline dead for weeks. No NBN for me, but it's recently been completed in my area.

Incoming calls to my landline go to message bank, there is no dial tone on the phone and we can't ring out either.

On 1 April 2020 Telstra wrote to us to say NBN changeover has been suspended but they will continue to supply connectivity via landline and BigPond cable.

Like the OP, I wonder why I'm still paying the landline subscription.

Highlighted

Yes. It was in the exchange,...again. The technician was equally frustrated in that he has had to fix the same fault 3 times in last 12 months.  I wanted to get the fault fixed for once and all.

While I don't know if this the end of it (I hope so) I wanted it known the situation was not good.

The story is to long to tell but the answer from the complaints dept (see accepted solution) leads me to believe all is being done to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Highlighted

have same issue. My problem is that my parents who live overseas cannot contact us

Highlighted

I have same problem. Has Telstra solved it for you permanently?

Highlighted

I hope so.  Our exchange is a hut in the middle of nowhere and the technician was familiar with my problem reoccurring.  Something to do with reallocating lines but was assured it should not happen again.  I did get good service through telstra's online complaints form.The address is on an post earlier.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit