Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

PSTN line faulty for over 30 days - can't contact Telstra - is anybody working at Telstra?

We have a PSTN line that has been faulty for 30 days, as has the associated ADSL service. You can't call Telstra and everything suggests 'self-help' options, all of these self-help options result in being told to call Telstra on 132203.

I eventually spoke to my local Telstra store yesterday and I was told that they had almost no support from Telstra and were unable to help any customers with any problem!

The outage system reports 'no problems', when I do an online fault trace I get "there is a fault in your area" then call 132203.

Does anyone know any way to actually contact Telstra about fault lines?

I just can't believe that a major telco is unable to provide some sort of service.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: PSTN line faulty for over 30 days - can't contact Telstra - is anybody working at Telstra?

1 abbreviation - COVID-19.

Have you tried calling 132203?

My understanding is that most of Telstra's fault call centres in India have been closed by the Indian Government to stop possible spread of COVID-19 amongst their staff, so yes, the wait times will indeed be much longer than normal. Staff in other call centres which remain open, such as in the Philippines and here in Australia, with reduced staffing, are being brought up to speed to handle these calls, but there is a massive shortfall at the moment.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit