Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Fault - Charged for Forwarding to Mobile & No Compensation On Bill

She has just got here bill and there is a charge for Call Forwarding for all the calls she recieved on the mobile while the phone was out of service, I assume this is because the mobile is on the Optus network. Is this normal practice ?

Not as far as I'm aware. When my dad's home phone was out, calls were forwarded to his non-Telstra mobile for the duration of the outage at no charge, but we were warned (before the call forwarding was set) that we must disable the call forwarding ourselves within 24 hours of the home phone service being restored, or we would be charged for the call forwarding.

After the service was restored a Telstra rep rang to see if she was satified with the service & advised because of the length of the outage she would be credited on her next bill compensation for the lenght of time the service was out.

That is automatic, according to this page on Telstra.com.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit