specializedtom
Level 1: Cadet

Redirection to Mobile on NBN Outage

My home phone is connected via the NBN. When the NBN is active, I have no issues with the home phone. However, I have issues when the NBN service is down (which is frequent in my area). 

Whenever the NBN is down, any incoming calls get redirected to Telstra Messagebank. Due to the home phone I have, I have no way in knowing when a message is left on Telstra Messagebank. The only way I can find out, is to dial 101 - and that is only when the NBN service comes back online. (I do have an answering machine on my phone that normally takes unanswered calls WHEN the NBN is online.)

Rather than having messages saved to Telstra Messagebank, I would rather have all calls that would of gone to Telstra Messagebank, to be redirected to my mobile. That way, I will not miss any calls when the NBN is not online. 

Your help in this regard would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Redirection to Mobile on NBN Outage

Good place to start maybe...   https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-set-up-call-forwardi...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Re: Redirection to Mobile on NBN Outage

Can I ask what sort of internet service you have and what devices were provided with it? Does your Telstra modem not have 4G backup?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit