teddyboy2014
Level 6: Bloodhound

Replacing faulty Telstra Easy Control Desktop phone Model TEC-D

Answered

Hi, I purchased a new phone from Telstra on-line (Bonus points) because of large numbers, I am 72 years old.I am connected to the NBN but still have a landline.

Phone worker great for two months then failed. After phoning Telstra, and resetting my Computer, checking line ect ect ect as per instructions, they finally agreed to get a replacement, (other phones used worked ok) and gave me a case number to go to any Telstra shop for a replacement. I was told that the shops don't keep this model, never have kept it, and was given another case number and said it would be escalated but as a franchised store, they could offer me another similar phone but I would have to purchase it which I declined. It took three days to get this far and spent hours on the phone. Tell me if I am wrong here, but surely good customer service would dictate a replacement would be given or sent in the mail?

This SIMPLY issue will be spun out for weeks i am sure.

Edward Biggs
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
AmberSC
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Replacing faulty Telstra Easy Control Desktop phone Model TEC-D

Hi there teddyboy2014, this is something we will need to follow up for you if you're still needing a hand. We will need some more information before we can help, you can get in contact with us over private or direct message on Facebook or Twitter, or if preferred can reach us over the Telstra app by clicking 'get help' and sending through a message with some more information. Once you get in contact with us there we can have a look into your case reference numbers and see what we can do to get this resolved. Let me know how you go with this or if you need a hand getting through. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

teddyboy2014
Accepted Solution

not solved, used messaging, gave details then no reply for 3 hours virtual assistant took over?????

Edward Biggs

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
AmberSC
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi there teddyboy2014, this is something we will need to follow up for you if you're still needing a hand. We will need some more information before we can help, you can get in contact with us over private or direct message on Facebook or Twitter, or if preferred can reach us over the Telstra app by clicking 'get help' and sending through a message with some more information. Once you get in contact with us there we can have a look into your case reference numbers and see what we can do to get this resolved. Let me know how you go with this or if you need a hand getting through. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

teddyboy2014
Accepted Solution

not solved, used messaging, gave details then no reply for 3 hours virtual assistant took over?????

Edward Biggs

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK yep, replies are not immediate on Chat but you can trust our guys are replying to every one as quickly as possible. If you are with the virtual assistant write 'agent' in the Chat window and it will bring you through to an agent who can assist. - Ryan

teddyboy2014

Had 5 agents, yes 5. When one went off shift, was told to not disconnect, and after a while I enq about what's going on, and got a new agent who had no record of previous contact, and wanted me to verify name ect and tell the story again. However, I kept my cool, as the agent was doing what he was trained to do, and this one finally looked up my case numbers and informed me a new phone will be coming in the mail soon.

Surely it should not take five days and hours waiting for answers requested to be acted on. Yes they are busy I know, and all attempted to assist, but the time it took was just too long. I worked in the customer service area in a busy Government call centre for 10 years and was given Authority to perform certain actions,  common sense was used and matters were expedited, fines were removed and matters were finalised. This was a simple cheap phone, only purchased because it had large numbers on it (yes I do need them) Anyway, thank all who assisted me to I hope a positive outcome, or I will be back. Kind regards to you all.

Edward Biggs
RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for this update teddyboy2014, I agree this should have been resolved on first contact. We will pass on this feedback of your experience in chasing this up, if you do ever have any questions we are only a message away.

- Ryan

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit