kevinbird4
Level 1: Cadet

Responsibility for branch trimming at stobie pole location. Telstra cable being pressured.

Hi Guys.

I'd really appreciate some feedback regarding whose responsibility it is (and if there are any associated costs involved) in the trimming of tree branches that are applying pressure to my incoming Telstra cable at the street power pole.

It is my tree that has some branches growing outward.

Thanks a lot for your info

Kevin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Responsibility for branch trimming at stobie pole location. Telstra cable being pressured.

Typically it would be your responsibility to keep the tree (one you own) branches away from services. You may need to get a tree lopper in to do it safely.

In saying that, there are clearances that you need to maintain around the power cable (typically 3m), so that may prevent you from performing the tree trimming and the power company may need to get involved (they should usually maintain 2m clearance of vegetation around power lines).

If you are in an NBN serviced area, it is also now an NBN cable and not Telstra's.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit