Level 1: Cadet

selective call forward

Answered

Hi all, I have a Telstra 503 wifi phone on unconditional call forwarding to my mobile number BUT I want to have my mobile number ring the home phone. Is this possible? I can only see the options to call forward unanswered/engaged/unconditional. Is there a way around this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: selective call forward

Thanks - to confirm, you wish to retain the current T-Voice 503 Call Forward to your mobile phone, generally for all incoming calls, but you wish incoming calls from your mobile to home to be allowed through the filter to ring the T-Voice 503. It doesn't appear to be a feature of the current Telstra offerings*.

A possible work around way to achieve near to the same result is to use 'Unanswered Diversion' so that incoming calls to home diverted to mobile after a certain ring time, either from the T-Voice 503 phone settings or the Telstra 24x7 web page. If you are going to use the Telstra web page for set up, I would recommend you would first remove the T-Voice 503 setting - set Call Forward/C.F. to OFF and then use C.F. Check to make sure it is OFF.

Yes, those abbreviations should have been explained in full on Telstra's web pages and I don't know if they work for all users. It seems that there are multiple avenues for controlling the networking software associated with the features and services available on the home phone - the handset and the modem, the 24x7 web portal, the Telstra Call Centre Agent screens and finally the actual Telstra Network Voice Controller/s and associated servers. I get the impression that these different front end inputs do not always synchronise well with the Central Controllers. My Calling Line ID had to be activated by a Call Centre Agent nearly a year ago - it still shows as Disabled in Telstra 24x7.

These abbreviations are usually defined by global Telecommunications Authorities and implemented by various carriers and their vendors. They would generally used for both mobile and land line services that are controlled by carrier servers. I think they may stand for the following - 

[i] CFU = call forward unconditional - immediate * 

[ii] CFB = call forward busy

[iii] CFNR = call forward no reply - unanswered after a certain programmed time in seconds

[iv] CFUNR = call forward user not reachable - perhaps if modem has lost its SIP credentials or powered OFF, incoming callers get congestion tone rather than busy one

[v] CFNRC = a possible variant of [iv]  - not reachable; due to mobile not being reachable in service area or it has been powered OFF.

* I think you are seeking a conditional call diversion facility i.e. allow my mobile or a certain group of incoming telephone numbers to be put through to the home, but send all other callers to my mobile. I have seen that offered in certain Cloud Based Enterprise solutions, so maybe will be offered some day in the future by Telstra. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Hi - have you used the T-Voice 503 Call Features menu to set up the 'call forward' to your mobile or have you used your Telstra My Account 24x7 web page to set up the call forward instruction?

Just to clarify, could you elaborate on what you mean by 'I want to have my mobile number ring the home phone'

Do you wish to call home from your mobile and have the T-Voice 503 ring and answer the call if someone is home, but if no one is home, it diverts to your mobile - 'No Answer' in the T-Voice 503 menu. I would expect if this set up and you made a call from your mobile phone to home, whilst you are on the phone, that call would end up in your Mobile Message Bank if your mobile was set to 'Divert When Busy'.

At the risk of complicating matters, there are additional external network control mechanisms provided by Telstra My Account 24x7 , Home Phone/Manage plan and allowances/Call Settings which show 'Simultaneous & sequential ring' options and Rule creations that may be of interest to you. It is not clear from this recent post if all customers have full access to program these features or there is a glitch in the web site. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/home-phones/simultaneous-amp-sequential-ring/td-p/902348

Level 1: Cadet

Hi, thanks for that. I have used the 503 call forward functions as I didnt know there were others. So I have just been in the call forwarding rules on the webpage 24/7 and tried to update a rule - no luck, then create a rule - again no luck.

Yes I wish to call my home from my mobile and have it answered by the home phone. But I have the unconditional call forward activated so phone just says its busy.

Can you tell me what the codes on the call forward rules are?

CFU = call forward unanswered??

CFB = call forward busy??

CFNR ?? dont know

CFUNR ??

CFNRC??

This would help but I dont see that Im able to have a selected number go through to the home number when all calls are on forward.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Thanks - to confirm, you wish to retain the current T-Voice 503 Call Forward to your mobile phone, generally for all incoming calls, but you wish incoming calls from your mobile to home to be allowed through the filter to ring the T-Voice 503. It doesn't appear to be a feature of the current Telstra offerings*.

A possible work around way to achieve near to the same result is to use 'Unanswered Diversion' so that incoming calls to home diverted to mobile after a certain ring time, either from the T-Voice 503 phone settings or the Telstra 24x7 web page. If you are going to use the Telstra web page for set up, I would recommend you would first remove the T-Voice 503 setting - set Call Forward/C.F. to OFF and then use C.F. Check to make sure it is OFF.

Yes, those abbreviations should have been explained in full on Telstra's web pages and I don't know if they work for all users. It seems that there are multiple avenues for controlling the networking software associated with the features and services available on the home phone - the handset and the modem, the 24x7 web portal, the Telstra Call Centre Agent screens and finally the actual Telstra Network Voice Controller/s and associated servers. I get the impression that these different front end inputs do not always synchronise well with the Central Controllers. My Calling Line ID had to be activated by a Call Centre Agent nearly a year ago - it still shows as Disabled in Telstra 24x7.

These abbreviations are usually defined by global Telecommunications Authorities and implemented by various carriers and their vendors. They would generally used for both mobile and land line services that are controlled by carrier servers. I think they may stand for the following - 

[i] CFU = call forward unconditional - immediate * 

[ii] CFB = call forward busy

[iii] CFNR = call forward no reply - unanswered after a certain programmed time in seconds

[iv] CFUNR = call forward user not reachable - perhaps if modem has lost its SIP credentials or powered OFF, incoming callers get congestion tone rather than busy one

[v] CFNRC = a possible variant of [iv]  - not reachable; due to mobile not being reachable in service area or it has been powered OFF.

* I think you are seeking a conditional call diversion facility i.e. allow my mobile or a certain group of incoming telephone numbers to be put through to the home, but send all other callers to my mobile. I have seen that offered in certain Cloud Based Enterprise solutions, so maybe will be offered some day in the future by Telstra. 

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit