Leigh97
Level 2: Rookie

Silent number on the NBN network

Answered

Hi,

We've had the NBN installed at home, so our landline has been moved from the old copper network to the new fibre network (our home phone is now finally working after a week of not being able to receive calls).

We pay Telstra $2.93 a month to have a silent phone number.  Unfortunately since switching over to the NBN our home phone number is no longer blocked, i.e. the home phone number is displayed instead of 'No Caller ID' or 'Blocked'.

Numerous calls to Telstra have failed to rectify this problem.

Is this a fault with Telstra or the NBN?

Any/all assistance is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leigh97
Accepted Solution

Re: Silent number on the NBN network

This query has finally been resolved.  After calling the NBN fault team on 1800 834 273, I was told our NBN order status was still incomplete, resulting in the error with our silent number for our home phone.

Our NBN order was finalised on 17 Jan 2014 (after having the NBN connected in Oct 2013).

Better late than never!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
JulianE
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Leigh,

Peronsal Message me and I'll try to help.

Julian

I'm a Telstra Employee - The views expressed on this blog are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the views of Telstra.
Leigh97
Accepted Solution

This query has finally been resolved.  After calling the NBN fault team on 1800 834 273, I was told our NBN order status was still incomplete, resulting in the error with our silent number for our home phone.

Our NBN order was finalised on 17 Jan 2014 (after having the NBN connected in Oct 2013).

Better late than never!

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit