Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

silent number

I recently upgraded my home phone plan, and subsequently received a free T-Hub.  Prior to this my home phone number would appear when I made calls to friends, relatives etc.  Since the upgrade and change to T-Hub my number now seems to be silent (I do not recall requesting this), as such whenever I ring anyone it shows as unknown number and a lot of people (my elderly parents in particular) will not answer when they see this.  I rang telstra over a week ago and explained the issue and that I did not request a silent number, and they said they would correct this.  How long does it take and how many calls to Telstra before this will be resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: silent number

hi deni_deni, sorry to hear your trouble. you can call 132200 and say billing to organise this. this should only take within the next 24-48 hours to be removed.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I already did this over a week ago, and was also told then that it would only take 24-48 hours to correct.  So do I need to do this again???  I noticed that on my bill there is a credit for Silent Number, so does this mean they have done it, and if so my home number is still being sent as 'unknown number'.  I can see why people get so frustrated with Telstra!!

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

seems to be that is the case. you can try to make a follow up again about this to see what the delay as this sometimes happen. credit is process the other way around as the removal of silent no. better call 132200 to verify if it has been removed.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Make sure that they have not just credited back the charge for a silent line but that the outgoing CLI presentation setting is correct, to show your number.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit