Pupke
Level 1: Cadet

Spam emails

Im pretty sure I got a Spam email to pay a telstra bil as follows, anyone else had one?

Dear customer,

Your new Telstra bill is attached. Please pay your bill by its due date of 24 Jun 2014.

We recommend making your payment online at telstra.com/paybill.

We notice you have an overdue amount which needs to be paid immediately. Please check this new bill for details and contact us if you have any questions.

You can pay your bill online at telstra.com/paybill.

Like to know more?
If you have any questions or concerns about this email you can get in touch with us at telstra.com/contact.

See you online soon,
Gerd Schenkel
Executive Director, Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Spam emails

That's a strange one Pipke, the two links in there both lead to legit Telstra sites, BUT, Gerd normally doesn't have a signature included with this type of email just the salutations show there?

Have you checked your billing status through "My Account"?  That's what I'd be doing. DID YOU CHECK THE SUPPOSED ATTACHED BILL?

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Pupke
Level 1: Cadet

It's definately a spam email, my bill has never been that high and I checked my billing cycle and my next bill wont come out until tomorrow.  Be careful not to pay if you have doubts.

DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

As I said, go into 'My Account',  and check your billing statements there.

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit