Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

suspending of account or lowest plan

we are going overseas for 4 months.

I have a basic mobile plan and homephone bundle with internet.

Can I suspend the account for histime.

If not what is the lowest plan (I am out of any contract on all) or lowest "buy in" that will keep the phone line active.

I can cancel the internet I think...

We have two mobiles but I only want one on telstra when I travel ...what can I do to the other ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: suspending of account or lowest plan

Hello mary99

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

mary99, although you're unable to suspend your account for the whole 4 months while you're overseas, you can certainly change your plans to the lowest plans.

It's easier if you are already out of contract with your mobiles as we now have monthly plans which does not require a contract. Check out our Mobile Plans page for more information on this. If you'd like to keep both your mobile numbers and would really like the lowest option, you can always convert them to a pre-paid mobile service. More information on this can be found on our Pre-Paid Mobiles site.

As for your homephone and broadband bundle, if you are already out of contract then you can just cancel without any penalties. Please call our Cancellations Team on 13 22 00 and say 'cancellations' when prompted by the IVR. They'll be able to discuss further what your other options are mary99. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit