Soba12
Level 1: Cadet

TEC-C does not ring

My new TEC-C does not ring nor does the paging button appear to work.

I have removed the batteries and registered the phone a few times.

The handset does have a ring tone  when I am setting the volume, melody etc just not when there is a phone call.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: TEC-C does not ring

You have the Telstra Easy Control with DECT hub? that hub connects to the Telstra modem phone port?

Just one handset or do you have more?

The 'Locate' button on the DECT hub doesn't  cause the handset/s to chirp.

It sounds like the registration wasn't properly done or successful. You are registering the handset/s to the Dect Hub (not to the modem)? During registration does the handset display a hand set number?

Have you checked the Call Log in the modem to see if incoming calls are being listed there..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Soba12

Thank you for your reply.

1.Yes, it is the Easy Control Tec-C with DECT hub.

2. It is not currently connected to the modem phone port  but into the wall socket as per the instructions. It does however have the  same issue when connected directly into the modem.

3. We only have the one handset.

4. There is no handset number displayed during registration however it does ask for a pin.

The instruction on the leaflet provided is minimal and dos not even mention registration.

Thanks again 

SteveW_52

The TEC-C with DECT Hub and the single handset should be pre paired when you unbox it I think. But if you have tried registering it again, that might cause an issue.

This link is to the additional TEC-A handset for that system, it might help if you haven't already seen it. https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/TEC-A-QSG.pdf

If you have an NBN internet service, the phone line will come via that and you'll need to plug your DECT hub into the green phone port to connect. It might take a little while to get itself set up.

Which Telstra modem do you have? I am guessing you are on NBN, a VSL service (not cable or fibre)?

When you plug the phone in to the wall socket, do you hear a loud noise - just white noise really (no specific tones like a dial tone)?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Soba12

Thank you. I did try registering it again. It appears to have registered (again) however it still does not ring.  

Maybe I did not explain my issue very well. The handset works i.e. there is a dial tone and I can receive calls and make calls.  The handset just does not ring so I do not know I am receiving a call unless I am looking the handset.

You are correct - I have NBN (newly installed and hence the new handset).

I have the Telstra smart modem Gen 2.

Thanks for your patience.

SteveW_52

I understand the problem, just going through the motions of trying things to fix it..Smiley Happy

Starting to sound like a faulty phone really..  if you have the option it would be good to take it and plug it in to a service where the existing phone DOES ring. there's nothing special about the handset, it should work on any phone line.. so if yours doesn't work, on a known working service then you should take it back/tray and get it replaced as a DOA..  

Stevo 52
Soba12

Ok -will do.

Thanks again for your support - really appreciate it. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit