MinniesMom
Level 1: Cadet

Tec-C second handset connection

Answered

I have just connected a new Tec-c phone and handset 1 is working well.  Handset 2 says unregistered.  I have tried everything and used a number of different pin numbers but cannot get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
melbmuscleman
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Tec-C second handset connection

hello, you need to pair it to your main handset, with your main phone connected to your telstra smart modem, bring your additional handset near and on the back of your modem at the top where all the little green lights are you will see a (pair) button, press and hold for a couple seconds, that should do the trick, cheers..

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
melbmuscleman
Accepted Solution

hello, you need to pair it to your main handset, with your main phone connected to your telstra smart modem, bring your additional handset near and on the back of your modem at the top where all the little green lights are you will see a (pair) button, press and hold for a couple seconds, that should do the trick, cheers..

View solution in original post

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - It's strange that I can't see anything in the user guide about registering additional handsets through the TEC-C DECT Hub which is the Base Station for this add-on cordless system - assume it is an omission. I would expect that the pairing the additional TEC-A handset directly to the modem will work for basic functionality only (answer incoming and make outgoing calls only) as it essentially places that handset in parallel with the external system, so its good to know that works as well. The Phonebook for the TEC-C system is stored in the DECT Base and not in the Modem which may have its own Phonebook, so it may be preferable for the handset to be paired to the DECT Hub.

Usually on add-on cordless systems the Paging button also acts as a Pairing function. Can you try this in case it works for you - it is located on the underside of the DECT Hub.

If you Press and HOLD the Paging button underneath the DECT Hub for 5 seconds, it may open up the DECT Hub to a Pairing request from the additional handset - maybe a 2 minute window for programming. On the handset, Select [Menu/Tick], Arrow down to Advanced, Select [Menu/Tick], Arrow down to Register, Select [Menu/Tick], Enter PIN - try 0000. This is how you pair an additional handset on a British Telecom BT2700 Add-on DECT System - its a twin of the TEC-C but with an answering machine.  

PS: To eliminate any confusion otherwise caused, suggest you Remove or Deregister the TEC-A from the Modem's GUI Screen first, so that the handset is connected to one system only for simplicity of operation. DECT phones can be connected to multiple systems but for home use, one system is simpler to operate. 

Mkrtich

The Page button - It is located on the underside  top of the DECT Hub.

melbmuscleman

i bought the Tec-C with two additional handsets, the main i installed in my home office, the others in my kitchen and gym because i couldn't hear the one in the office if i was in any other part of the house, i paired both to the Telstra modem and they appeared to be working fine,i could make and receive calls from the additional handsets, but not long after i realized that the handsets didn't ring when i received a call, so it defeated the purpose of extra handsets, i tried everything, including increasing the volume, to no avail, until i just read your reply, so i paired both to the Dect hub as well, now they are working fine, many thanks for your help, cheers..

Mkrtich

Thanks for your feedback and glad to read it worked. It seems that Telstra did have an answering machine version of this unit in 2016, Telstra Easy Call 202 and the other model without the answering machine, the Telstra Easy Call 101 which appears to use the same user guide as the TEC-C.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit