BaldDave
Level 5: Eagle Eye

TELEPHONE EXCHANGE BALD HILLS

The back hut at BALD HILLS telephone exchange Qld, next to my property has a whining air-conditioner.

It is one of 2 box air-conditioners that make a high-pitched squeal that can be heard 24hours a day in our house.

This needs to be addressed as the "industrial noise" is problematic.

My efforts to contact Telstra, e.g. 'Cheah, Nigel Jun Jie' <NigelJunJie.Cheah@team.telstra.com> have gone unnoticed for 2 months now.

Cheers

David

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: TELEPHONE EXCHANGE BALD HILLS

I think the local  Council or the EPA ??

I suggest the above as .....

Another person here has had and is still having the run around for a leaking tap in a suburban Telstra exchange.   They've got nowhere trying to have Telstra do something.

To complicate matters, Telstra has rented most of their telephone exchanges to NBN.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
BaldDave
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for that, but I have recent history with this exchange and the asbestos eves falling down onto my property near my daughters bedroom... after Commcare and State Government tossed it back and forth because it is crown land... And let cowboys poke at the asbestos for 2 week unhindered.  I definitely doubt the local council would give a F toss.  It took screaming and Federal member, videoed evidence and more screaming to try and save our health, if I even did that - until they followed WHS legislation to the tee.

A dumb box air-conditioner whining industrial 10 noise seems to be on Telstra's past scale of asbestos falling down on adjacent properties a below 1 care factor.

I just thought on the off-chance I'd get some new mcontact before I go back to the Federal Member, for him to go to the Minister for them to got to Commcare and then to go to the state Govt so it can be assessed and then talked about for 4 weeks before re-assessing the noise and then holidays and then a waiting time because the crows are endangered and then a storm and then another version of the kung-flu and then then then.

Thanks anyway.   

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Send a report using the Snap Send Solve app. You can also try giving 132203 a call.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit